“Party Time at Summerplace” because Maddie McGraw it the HC! This will be Maddie’s 1st year as an HC but with her past 2 years of Canoe Head experience plus her passion for older campers makes her a perfect fit for Summerplace! We are very excited to see what God and Maddie has planned for “the only place… Summerplace!” Get to know Maddie by reading her answers below…
- Years at camp? This will be my 4th straight year at camp – all of those as a counselor.
- University Attending? University of Georgia
- Activities involved in at school? Baptist Collegiate Ministries – Freshman Bible study leader, Chick-Fil-A team member, recreation chair for Sigma Alpha Omega Christian Sorority.
- Favorite camp song? Rare Bog
- Item you must bring to camp? Spanish dictionary, Chacos, Native American wood flute
- Favorite Scripture(s)? Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go.” Matthew 10:29-31 “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid you are worth more than many sparrows.”
- Favorite camp memory? Watching 2 Riversiders flip their canoe in front of Laney in an effort to get attention from the 10 year old boys, only to find themselves embarrassed standing on the sludgy Laney bank while the Argentina guy “Gary,” rescued their canoe. HaHa. (*it is funnier now that they are counselors)
- What are you most looking forward to this summer? I am most looking forward to being back at camp in general! It seems to get more amazing each year, so I am expecting this year to be pretty incredible. I’m ready to take a step up in leadership at Skyline and see a little more behind the scenes of camp. I’m pumped about the spiritual growth to come, and I can’t wait to be a huge impact to all the upcoming S’Placers and the amazing co-counselors that will be sharing the bugs with me this summer! ;o) Get Excited!!