Each day this week Skyline will be announcing our five Head Counselors for Summer 2011! We are very excited to have these five ladies leading their perspective areas of camp! Check back each day to get to know the Head Counselors of Camp Skyline!
Hut Row Head – Brennen Riddle
1. Name: Brennen Riddle
2. Years at camp: 10-camper 4-counselor (including this summer)
3. School: Ole Miss. Hotty Toddy
4. Involvement in and outside of school: Member of Kappa Delta Sorority, Campus Crusade, Hope for Africa, and Ole Miss Outdoors. Volunteer at North Mississippi Regional Center for kids with special needs, volunteer with Girl Scouts of America, volunteer coach at the YMCA for 5 year old soccer teams.
5. Favorite spot at camp and why: My favorite spot is probably morning watch just because it’s so beautiful, and it’s always such a good pick-me-up early in the mornings. :)
6. Why do you keep coming back to camp? I keep coming back to camp because I’ve met some of my best friends at Skyline through being a camper and counselor. And the campers I’ve had play a big part in my return, also. I always say there’s no better feeling than having a little girl run up to hug you on opening day after not seeing her for a year!
7. How has God impacted your life at Camp or because of Camp? I get so much closer to God every summer I’m at Skyline. There’s such an obvious presence of Him everywhere you go at camp, and that’s one of the reasons I love it. God really impacted my life through camp when my father died and I have Skyline to thank for keeping my faith so strong during a time like that.